I'm on Twitter!

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, February 14, 2009

    Charmingly Linda's Updates

    Dear Smirk Studios Fans,

    OK. I'm pretty well done with the rough draft, excluding a few extra things I will be adding. This has been a very slow process for me this time around, which is unusual. My OLA commercial only took 2 days!!! I would say that the biggest struggle besides technical issue is trying to develop a perspective that shows that I know what I'm talking about and drawing, when realistically I do not really know hahaha! It is a fun challenge, and now that the hard part is done, it's time for the detail and color to bring it all together.

    Now it's time to re-draw anything that is not clean enough to work with, add full motion frame by frame for each movement, color everything, and add in the missing parts that could not be done during the rough draft. The cool thing is that this time I did the sounds first, which made things much easier. Now, everything is aligned and synced, and just needs to be elaborated on. That sounds real easy, doesn't it? Don't get me wrong, it will still be a challenge, but there is not really anything to mess up anymore. During the rough draft, if I decide I don't like something, I usually have to start over, which can be a pain.

    Here is an updated pic of the Linda drawing with the logo incorperated into it. It is supposed to be like a magazine styled ad graphic, and I pulled it off quite nicely if I do say so myself (and I do!). Look forward to some full color pics soon!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment